As one of the UK’s leading housing associations, Genesis owns or manages around 33K homes across London and eastern England. Their stock portfolio includes a range of properties, from temporary housing to rented homes, homes for sale and supported housing. At any given time, there are 100K people living in a Genesis home.
Due to the lack of a comprehensive customer data system, Genesis didn’t have correct contact information, no less other important information, such as service needs and payment preferences, for half of their residents. Because of this, customer outreach, maintenance, service and financial management was fragmented and incomplete.
- Genesis wanted to undergo a complete digital transformation so that all resident information was clean and succinct, and all in one place, to improve their customer service and operational efficiency.
- Genesis had the following business initiatives:
- Improve the customer and stock portfolio data quality across the multiple applications within the organization, in order to reduce the cost and effort during correspondence with customers
- Enable real-time data integration across the major applications, and ensure that data across these applications was consistent and accurate
- Integrate additional applications within the environment when required, and decommission applications when no longer required
- Resident access to services will be digital by default