Businesses of all sizes have come to realize that delivering an extraordinary customer experience is key to increasing customer retention rates, creating brand ambassadors, and ultimately boosting the bottom line. It is a superior customer experience that sets you apart from the competition and that entices customers not only to remain loyal but also to pay higher prices. Companies continue to seek ways to get to know their customers so they can create the personalized interactions consumers have come to expect.
But, without a customer experience strategy, your company will struggle to deliver the experiences that give you a competitive edge. It’s helpful to see what CX thought leaders, innovative companies, and other customer experience leaders have to say about creating a new customer experience strategy and transforming strategies already in place.
So, we’ve rounded up 50 of the top customer experience strategy resources from across the web to help you learn as much as possible about developing a CX strategy and then set to work in your own company to reap the benefits of it. The following articles, case studies, reports, eBooks, guides and how-tos, and other resources deliver actionable insights and valuable lessons and advice from CX authorities across the country. Please note, we have categorized the resources and listed them alphabetically in each category to simplify your search process; thus, we have not ranked or rated them in any way.
Articles, Case Studies, and Reports
1. 3 Tips on How to Improve Your Customer Experience Strategy
Vision Critical’s content marketing manager Kelvin Claveria reflects on a webinar with digital analyst Brian Solis in this article, which offers three tips for improving your CX strategy. These actionable tips come at just the right time, given that Gartner has found that 89% of companies now expect to compete on customer experience.
Three key ideas we like from 3 Tips on How to Improve Your Customer Experience Strategy:
- Customers share their experiences online with other customers, and their shared experiences pop up in online conversations to shape customer perceptions and form the basis of a brand’s image
- Companies need to ensure their customer experience strategy aligns with customer expectations, behaviors, and motivations
- Ask better questions to inform action and enhance the customer experience by knowing why people do what they do when they interact with your business
2. 5 Customer Experience Strategies that Work
Client Heartbeat is a simple customer feedback tool for surveying customers, measuring satisfaction, and identifying who is happy and who is unhappy. Ross Beard’s Client Heartbeat article encourages you to devise a CX strategy so you can improve your customer retention rate, customer satisfaction, revenue, and employee satisfaction while reducing churn.
Three key ideas we like from 5 Customer Experience Strategies that Work:
- CX leaders pursue three goals simultaneously: design the right experience-focused value propositions, deliver value to the customer, and develop capabilities to continue doing so
- Once you define the customer experience, be consistent at all touch points
- Base CX on individual customer needs
3. 6 Common Customer Experience Strategy Pitfalls
CMO.com delivers the insights, expertise, and inspiration digital leaders need. McorpCX CEO Michael Hinshaw’s CMO.com article reminds readers that a customer experience strategy is a necessity because companies need a system for consistently meetings and exceeding customer expectations. Hinshaw then explores the six most common challenges companies have when devising their CX strategy.
Three key ideas we like from 6 Common Customer Experience Strategy Pitfalls:
- Companies need to include every department in understanding the CX strategy and their role in enabling it
- Assign an executive-level customer experience leader to orchestrate and influence CX across the organization
- Your CX strategy should inform your product, service, and CX design
4. 7 Ways to Create a Great Customer Experience Strategy
SuperOffice creates award-winning customer relationship management (CRM) software for sales, marketing, and customer service. Steven MacDonald’s SuperOffice article explores the differences between CX and customer service and offers seven ways for creating a CX strategy.
Three key ideas we like from 7 Ways to Create a Great Customer Experience Strategy:
- Implementing a solid customer experience strategy boosts revenue: one study found that 60% of customers will pay more for a better experience
- The first step of creating a customer experience strategy is creating a clear customer experience vision
- You cannot create a successful CX strategy if you don’t know who your customers are
5. 10 Unique Customer Experience Examples & Best Practices to Boost Your Brand
Sensei Marketing is comprised of customer experience strategists. Stephanie Cheung’s Sensei Marketing article highlights 10 CX examples that stand out as being unique and examines best practices that you can implement when creating your customer experience strategy.
Three key ideas we like from 10 Unique Customer Experience Examples & Best Practices to Boost Your Brand:
- Build emotional connections with customers to create the most memorable experiences, because businesses that use emotional connections outperform competitors by 85% in sales
- Get real-time feedback and then recognize employees who contribute to the superior experience
- Focus on individual customer needs after understanding exactly what those needs are
6. Build a Great Customer Experience Strategy
Zendesk puts customer relationships at the heart of their software, and Mark Smith puts customer experience strategy at the center of this article. As Smith points out, creating a winning strategy can put you ahead of your competitors if you recognize the need for and then embrace change.
Three key ideas we like from Build a Great Customer Experience Strategy:
- Your strategy should align customer-facing employees and back-office processes to customer and business requirements
- Designing a successful customer experience strategy involves emphasizing long-term goals rather than short-term benefits
- Break down departmental silos to make your customer experience strategy a priority across the company and give everyone a chance to understand and manage it
7. Customer Experience Strategy Best Practices
SMITH is an experiential commerce agency working to create transformative brand interactions. They share a Forrester report, written by Deanna Laufer, which explores three requirements of a solid customer experience strategy: defining the intended experience, directing employees’ activities and decision-making, and guiding funding decisions and project prioritization.
Three key ideas we like from Customer Experience Strategy Best Practices:
- Effective customer experience efforts include a defined vision and strategy
- Creating the strategy is one step; continue your efforts by getting colleagues on board, engaging key leaders, employees, and customers, socializing it through communication and professional development, and guiding tech management professionals through understanding how the strategy relates to them
8. Customer Experience Strategy and Implementation: Enterprise Customer Experience Transformation
A customer experience consultant, Andrew Reise offers fresh CX and CRM news, analysis, and best practices. The consulting group at Andrew Reise Consulting also presents this case study, which focuses on designing and implementing a customer experience transformation program at a major wireless telecommunications provider struggling with stagnant growth, market saturation, consumer loyalty, customer service leadership, and CRM and technology implementation issues.
Three key ideas we like from Customer Experience Strategy and Implementation: Enterprise Customer Experience Transformation:
- Creating the customer experience strategy first involves establishing a value focus, completing customer needs, capability, and competitive assessments, and mapping the customer lifecycle
- Consider taking a PAID diagramming approach to your customer experience strategy: understand the customer experience process (P), enabling applications (A), interfaces (I), and data sources (D)
- Avoid customer experience pitfalls such as an inability to link the strategy to the corporate vision and mission, a failure to commit key resources to the program full time, the lack of appropriate executive alignment, a failure to appropriately estimate the critical nature of change management, a piecemeal approach to customer experience management, a lack of discipline when measuring results, and an inability to take an end-to-end approach to CX
9. Customer Experience Strategy: The Secret to Better Customer Retention
IMPACT is an inbound marketing agency and HubSpot Diamond Partner. Carolyn Edgecomb’s IMPACT article encourages companies to take customer feedback seriously to increase customer retention rates and improve the customer experience. Edgecomb also offers tips for creating a unique CX strategy with the goal of fostering brand loyalty and growing your company.
Three key ideas we like from Customer Experience Strategy: The Secret to Better Customer Retention:
- Obtaining feedback is critical because there is a large gap between the percentage of CEOs who believe they deliver a superior customer experience and the percentage of customers who believe the same
- Your strategy must allow for measuring customer satisfaction and feedback
- Provide educational resources for customers because a study found that increasing customer loyalty is inversely related to the amount of work customers have to do
10. Designing and Starting Up a Customer-Experience Transformation
McKinsey has been a trusted advisor to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and institutions for more than 90 years. This McKinsey article, by Ewan Duncan, Harald Fanderl, and Katy Maffei, stresses the importance of designing a CX strategy that follows a structure and sequence that is appropriate for your company and includes recruiting change agents. The article also includes infographics and a video featuring McKinsey principal Ron Ritter exploring the challenges and benefits of putting customers first.
Three key ideas we like from Designing and Starting Up a Customer-Experience Transformation:
- Committing to a broad customer-experience transformation is a must for companies that want to remain competitive
- When selecting actions, set priorities for initiatives that will make an impact in the near future; create momentum for your CX program by picking an area where you can impact revenue growth and reduce costs from the beginning
- Begin by implementing customer-experience transformations designed to reduce abrasive experiences and create advocates who will create additional promoters
11. Developing a Customer-Experience Vision
McKinsey & Company’s Brooke Boyarsky, Will Enger, and Ron Ritter explore the need for organizations to have a shared goal of meeting customers’ true needs in order to drive CX innovation in this article. As a bonus, the article includes a video featuring McKinsey director Ewan Duncan explaining why orchestrating a comprehensive customer-centric transformation requires committed leadership.
Three key ideas we like from Developing a Customer-Experience Vision:
- Companies must explicitly state how creating unique experiences help them stand out in the market in order to gain buy-in for CX initiatives
- Fostering organization-wide support for CX initiatives results in inspiration, alignment, and guidance in addition to innovation, energy, and the relevance of the strategy itself
- Don’t make the mistake of aiming too low in your CX aspirations; it is critical to understand the fundamental needs and desires of customers to determine what their superior experience would be
12. Getting Customer Experience Strategy Right: Best Practices of CX Leaders
Customer experience industry influencer, digital innovation thought leader, and McorpCX CEO Michael Hinshaw is the HuffPost contributor behind this article, which focuses on best practices for CX leaders. Hinshaw points out the discrepancy in the number of senior executives who highlight customer experience as a top priority and the number of businesses that have a clear definition for customer experience management across their organization, not to mention a strategy for implementing it.
Three key ideas we like from Getting Customer Experience Strategy Right: Best Practices of CX Leaders:
- The four best practices common among CX leaders include changing company culture to become customer centric, aligning brand and CX strategies, assigning a dedicated CX executive, and formally aligning business and CX strategies
- CX strategy should “take many forms, accomplish several things at once, and balance the sometimes-in-opposition requirements of being specific enough to be actionable and crisp enough to be easily understood”
- Effective strategies describe how companies want customers to feel, the experience you want to deliver, and who your customers are while describing how you will manage your people and provide guidance for implementing the strategy across your organization
13. Implementing an Effective Customer Experience Strategy
Inside Small Business is your online destination for the latest news, trends, and developments in small business. Grant Baker’s Inside Small Business article emphasizes the need for businesses to become customer-centric if they want to remain competitive. As Baker points out, the process of putting customers first requires new CRM systems that go beyond legacy systems and can fulfill complex customer expectations while eliminating data silos.
Three key ideas we like from Implementing an Effective Customer Experience Strategy:
- Part of your CX strategy must include new technology that integrates data insights and is interoperable
- Four principles must be the focus of your customer-centric strategy: a deep understanding of customer needs, awareness and agility, strategies that align with customer requirements, and core operations that have collaboration at their center
- To meet customer expectations and demands, companies must deliver consistent, highly effective customer experiences
14. An Inside Look at the Customer Experience Strategy of Mercedes-Benz
PeopleMetrics is in the business of surveys that give you actionable insights. This PeopleMetrics case study gives readers a sneak peek into customer-centric transformation and the evolving customer experience strategy taking place at Mercedes-Benz USA. Specifically, the case study covers Mercedes-Benz’s Joseph Michelli’s interview with PeopleMetrics’ George Jacob.
Three key ideas we like from An Inside Look at the Customer Experience Strategy of Mercedes-Benz:
- Define success in customer transformation in words and pictures and constantly refresh the message to engage employees in discussions about the purposefulness of improving the lives of people you serve
- True change takes time and often means smaller paychecks at the end of the month
- Customer experience is a double-edged sword; you must be operationally excellent to remove customer pain points, and you must engage with customers to drive emotional connections, loyalty, and referrals
15. Model for Customer Experience Management Strategy
Under the advisement of Lynn Hunsaker and Gary Katz, ClearAction is comprised of customer experience and marketingOps professionals and is valuable to customer experience and marketing professionals across industries, job levels, and entities. This ClearAction article examines the mistakes companies make in crafting a CX strategy.
Three key ideas we like from Model for Customer Experience Management Strategy:
- Customer experience practitioners cite a lack of customer experience strategy as a significant obstacle in achieving business results
- Coordinated efforts are crucial to designing an effective customer experience strategy
- A CX strategy should have the essential building blocks such as the customer voice, customer intelligence and lifetime value, customer experience improvement and innovation, a customer-centricity roadmap, internal branding, and branding
16. What is Customer Experience Strategy?
Certified customer experience professional and chief customer officer of ClearAction Continuum, Lynn Hunsaker admits that companies often cannot agree on what customer experience strategy is, and that’s why you will get a variety of answers when you ask. Rather, customer experience strategy should incorporate tactics such as CRM, voice of customer, user experience, retention programs, etc., but companies should not confuse a combination of tactics for an overall plan for operations and movements.
Three key ideas we like from What is Customer Experience Strategy?:
- CX strategy should span the end-to-end customer lifecycle
- Identify your stakeholders and consider what is required of them to meet the expectations inherent in the end-to-end customer lifecycle
- View your strategy as a grand plan and be bold
eBooks, Guides, and How-Tos
17. 5 Strategies for Revolutionizing Your Digital Customer Experience
Qualtrics is a single system of record for all experience data. Their guide to transforming your digital customer experience, written by Todd Bagnull, highlights the fact that companies are not as digitally advanced as they think they are, which means they cannot deliver a dynamic digital customer experience. The guide shares strategies you should adopt to become the digital master a superior customer experience requires.
Three key tips we like from 5 Strategies for Revolutionizing Your Digital Customer Experience:
- Reach out to directly engage customers in order to understand their experiences
- Examine the digital customer experience at each stage of the journey to measure holistically
- React to feedback in real time to change behavior using insights
18. 10 Key Steps to Building a Customer Experience Strategy
Fusion Alliance delivers actionable insights, customer experiences, and human-driven technologies to transform the way clients envision and shape their businesses. Their CX how-to includes 10 steps you need to take to reorganize your business strategy to beat the competition and close the gap between business goals and customer needs.
Three key tips we like from 10 Key Steps to Building a Customer Experience Strategy:
- Developing a CX strategy involves the customer experience lead discovering how customers currently experience your brand and what the future vision of CX is for the company; the CX lead also should involve the CMO, VP of sales, CIO, CFO, and CEO in developing a CX strategy
- Identify where business value, customer value, and opportunity intersect to connect business, customer, and marketplace insights to strategy
- Gain a 360-degree view of the business and customers to align business processes with CX opportunity
19. Creating a Great Customer Experience Management Strategy
Expert360 gives you instant access to top strategy, marketing, and finance consultants. Their guide, written by top management consultant Sean Chan, explores customer versus consumer experience and the importance of CX management while sharing a detailed guide to creating an effective CX management strategy.
Three key tips we like from Creating a Great Customer Experience Management Strategy:
- Develop a clear, implementable vision of CX that includes written guidelines for all your employees
- Determine and understand your target customers via social considerations, psychological and character considerations, and economic and financial considerations
- Create a genuine experience for customers that includes actively listening to their issues, always interacting with them in a positive way, being honest, resolving issues, outperforming expectations, and delivering a consistent message across the organization
20. Customer Experience Strategy: How to Improve CX by Building a CX Strategy
Ameyo provides contact center software and customer service CRM that drives personalized omni-channel interactions and enables users to manage inbound and outbound interactions easily. Ameyo’s Nitish Gautam’s CX how-to emphasizes the need for crafting a customer experience strategy to stop customer churn.
Three key tips we like from Customer Experience Strategy: How to Improve CX by Building a CX Strategy:
- Begin by defining your customer experience statement (CES)
- Clearly define your customer experience goals and focus on the customer experience metrics you’ll use to improve end-to-end experiences along the customer journey
- Align your business to your CX goals
21. The Digital Customer Experience Strategy Guide
Appirio helps customers compete and win in the new cloud economy. Their customer experience eBook guides readers through building a digital CX strategy to address common challenges and deliver a seamless, digital, hassle-free experience. Please note, you will need to register your name and email address for access to this customer experience strategy resource.
Three key tips we like from The Digital Customer Experience Strategy Guide:
- Deliver an optimized experience to customers via their preferred channel
- Use innovative ways to make conversions
- Make personalization a priority
22. How to Create a Customer Experience Strategy
ReviewTrackers offers software that helps businesses measure and transform the customer experience. Megan Wenzl’s customer experience strategy how-to begins with a prime example that proves the need for an effective strategy and reminds readers that it can be the difference between a loyal customer and one who moves on to a competitor.
Three key tips we like from How to Create a Customer Experience Strategy:
- Your customer experience strategy first requires the right leaders, a strong company culture, and a customer-focused company
- Use customer feedback to inform your strategy
- Manage and analyze customer feedback to listen to and understand what customers have to say about your business
23. How to Design a Customer Experience Strategy
HubSpot offers a full stack of products for marketing, sales, and customer relationship management. Carly Stec’s customer experience how-to emphasizes the need for a strategy to increase customer retention, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
Three key tips we like from How to Design a Customer Experience Strategy:
- Effective customer experience strategies account for competitive insight, consumer research, marketplace data, and a mission and vision
- Don’t expect your customer experience strategy to develop in one day
- Deliver consistent customer experiences across all platforms and channels while including the appropriate context at each touch point
24. How to Improve the Customer Experience in 15 Steps
SearchCRM is TechTarget’s CRM and call center resource that covers software, data management, sales and marketing automation, SaaS, and more. In her SearchCRM customer experience how-to, Karolina Kiwak shares 15 steps to improving the customer experience that any company can implement.
Three key tips we like from How to Improve the Customer Experience in 15 Steps:
- Improve employee loyalty and satisfaction to ensure your people will optimize the customer experience
- Build trust in customers by running an open, transparent business that is open-minded and inclusive
- Give access to the customer database to all members of the organization to ensure everyone is able to deliver a consistent, personalized customer experience
25. Implementing a Customer Experience Strategy
Clarity Advantage helps banks accelerate sales to small and medium-sized companies. In this Clarity Advantage guide to instituting a CX strategy, Nick Miller and Rebecca Marek examine how banks can get customer experience right in six steps: focus, assess from the outside in, develop strategy, choreograph customer interactions, rehearse, and execute, measure, and adjust.
Three key tips we like from Implementing a Customer Experience Strategy:
- Gain a deep understanding of targeted customer segments via direct observation, focus groups, and pilot programs
- Consider customer interactions in detail and map out physical and virtual customer pathways
- Transform your thinking to understand spending time with customers gives you an opportunity to control the experience
26. Journey Mapping: An Outside-In Approach to Delivering Great Customer Experiences
Genesys powers the world’s best customer experiences across channels, on-premise, and in the cloud. Their customer experience eBook focuses on journey mapping and encourages companies to take an outside-in approach to CX strategy. Please note, you will need to register your name and email address to access this resource.
Three key tips we like from Journey Mapping: An Outside-In Approach to Delivering Great Customer Experiences:
- A customer journey involves multiple channels, so your customer experience strategy should take an omni-channel approach
- Customer journeys should be effortless, proactive, and personalized
- Take an outside-in approach to use the customer’s perspective to improve the experience
27. Sample Action Plan: Customer Experience Strategy and Design
Gartner for Marketers helps marketing leaders with on-demand, unlimited, objective, and personalized digital marketing guidance. One of their customer experience strategy resources is a sample action plan that serves as a how-to for designing an effective strategy that everyone in your organization can implement.
Three key tips we like from Sample Action Plan: Customer Experience Strategy and Design:
- Begin by identifying objectives for your strategy
- Develop a 90-day strategy for early implementation and then agree to collaborate to assess its effectiveness
- Include specific actions for each day of the action plan to keep everyone on course
28. The Why & How of Customer Experience (CX)
CRMsearch.com is a CRM community forum providing advocacy journalism, remarkable content, balanced reporting, and community facilitation. Vantive Media CEO Chuck Schaeffer’s CRMsearch.com CX guide addresses the need to engage customers via social channels and deliver a consistent, reward experience.
Three key tips we like from The Why & How of Customer Experience (CX):
- Customer experience management is a solution to satisfying customer demands, delivering consistent service, retaining customers, and growing profitable customer relationships
- Strive to deliver timely, contextual, relevant, personalized information to all customers at every touch point across all channels
- Begin with outside-in thinking, designate an executive champion, define measurable objectives, assess your company culture, get stakeholder approval, map the customer journey, identify customer channels and touch points, apply technology, give special consideration to cross-channel support, and deploy your CX strategy – then, allow it to evolve as you learn more and gain more customer feedback
29. Customer Experience Essentials – Certification Course
Beyond Philosophy is a customer experience consultancy specializing in strategy, training, and market research. They offer the Customer Experience Essentials certification course at various times throughout the year to provide learners with the essentials needed to improve your customer experience. Stream the live webinars featuring CX authorities to your mobile device or computer, or view the recorded event when it suits your schedule.
- Four 1.5-hour webinars
- Certification exam
30. Customer Experience Management Essentials
Udemy is a popular destination for online learners, and their customer experience course helps students learn how to measure and improve customer loyalty by implementing CX management essentials. Learn 11 practical exercises, earn a certificate of completion, and understand how to create, measure, and improve the customer journey for your organization.
- 3.5 hours of on-demand video
- 1 supplemental resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile devices or television
31. CX 501: Customer Experience Strategy
CX University is an innovative educational opportunity for professional development in customer experience. Their customer experience strategy course will give you the foundation for building a customer-focused organization and allows you to learn online at your own pace over the course of two months.
- Focuses on aligning CX with overall business strategies and goals
- Access the course for 8 weeks
- No pre-requisites necessary
32. Maximizing the Customer Experience
A Canadian-based, international training and education firm, The Training Bank has been helping organizations enhance the effectiveness of their employees for more than 25 years. Their Maximizing the Customer Experience Course is a 6.5-hour online certification program that includes eight modules with interactive content, video vignettes, and quizzes.
- Downloadable study guide and personal action plan to maximize learning
- Certification provided by The Training Bank in conjunction with the Customer Service Institute of America as regulated by the International Council of Customer Service Organizations
- Individual and group enrollments available
- 8 modules
Cost: $249 CAD
33. The Secrets of a Successful CX Program
Available throughout the year, this certification course provides learners with everything you need to know to make your customer experience program successful. All content streams to your device or computer and is recorded for your convenience.
- Speak directly with senior consultant and trainer Derek Blackburn throughout the course and spend time in a private individual consultation at the end of the training with Derek
- 3 1.5-hour webinars
34. Customer Experience Strategy in an Always-On World
eMarketer is the first place you can look when you need data about digital. In his customer experience strategy presentation, available on SlideShare, senior analyst Bryan Yeager emphasizes the critical need companies have to create and deliver seamless customer experiences.
Three key ideas we like from Customer Experience Strategy in an Always-On World:
- Today’s always-on, need-it-now customers are evolving, and companies need to keep up with their demands and expectations
- The number of potential customer channels and touch points continues to increase
- Customers expect hassle-free, frictionless experiences across devices
35. Customer Experience Strategy: A Deliberate Path to Excellence
Lori Carr & Associates are customer experience consultants who focus on the customer-centered experience. In this CX strategy presentation, available on SlideShare, the company considers seven key elements of a successful strategy and shares examples of companies that are getting it right.
Three key ideas we like from Customer Experience Strategy: A Deliberate Path to Excellence:
- Start with a CX leader who drives the strategy creation and defines future targets to help the company live up to its brand image, maximize revenue, and optimize cost
- Leaders and employees across the entire organization must be responsible and accountable for the customer experience
- Use customer experience capability maturity modeling (CEMM) to describe how well your practices, processes, and technology can reliably and sustainably produce required outcomes in the customer experience process
36. Customer Experience Strategy: How to Compete Against All These Startups?
Columbia Road is a consultancy focusing on digital business growth and eCommerce. In their customer experience presentation, which was the keynote at SLUSH 2016, Columbia Road examined how to build a profitable customer experience strategy that retains customers and entices them to spend more.
Three key ideas we like from Customer Experience Strategy: How to Compete Against All These Startups?:
- Customer experience strategy requires strong leadership, shared understanding between silos, employee motivation and empowerment, and an understanding of your customers
- B2B buyers also demand B2C-type customer experiences
- Superior CX results in 35% higher returns, and customers with the best past experiences spend 140% more
37. Customer Experience Strategy: Meeting Expectations and Changing Dynamics in Service
Salesforce helps you connect to your customers in a whole new way. In his presentation on customer experience strategy, Salesforce regional sales director John Ward and Dr. Catriona Wallace from research firm Fifth Quadrant examine customer experience maturity and the ways in which it impacts customer expectations for service and brand engagement.
Three key ideas we like from Customer Experience Strategy: Meeting Expectations and Changing Dynamics in Service:
- Cloud, social and mobile impact customer experience
- Customer experience impacts customer value and retention; thus, CX impacts long-term business value
- Customers expect seamless service and experiences across channels
38. Customer Experience Vision & Strategy Architecture
CX strategy specialist Marcel Barrera, now with Deloitte and formerly with L’Oréal, encourages companies to implement viable strategies to enhance operations from an interaction perspective in this customer experience strategy presentation, available on SlideShare. As Barrera points out, companies that adopt an effective CX strategy gain powerful insights and analytics to better engage customers and deliver a seamless experience.
Three key ideas we like from Customer Experience Vision & Strategy Architecture:
- Companies struggle with customer engagement and operations because they lack capable operating models, do not take a customer-centric approach, and believe that it costs too much to deliver an exceptional experience
- Use a platform that provides a 360-degree view of your customer and delivers insight into customer analytics
- Strive to deliver a consistent, predictable customer experience with one voice
39. Do You Have the Right Customer Experience Strategy?
A provider of customer experience products and services in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, PeopleMetrics shares this customer experience strategy presentation from the EFLA conference on SlideShare. The presentation covers five elements of a successful CX strategy and two that differentiate it.
Three key ideas we like from Do You Have the Right Customer Experience Strategy?:
- Customer experience leaders outperform the broader market and generate a total return that is 35 points higher than the S&P 500 index
- Companies not getting customer experience right post a total return that is 45 points lower than that of the broader market
- Five elements of a successful CX strategy include getting executive buy-in, educating and engaging customers, targeting customers, understanding customers, and listening to customers
40. Strategic Methodology for Improving the Customer Experience
Roberto E. Suarez-Ojedis is a senior healthcare strategy and execution leader. He focuses on the strategic methods companies can use to improve the customer experience in this SlideShare presentation, which includes recommendations and a detailed approach to creating and implementing a CX strategy.
Three key ideas we like from Strategic Methodology for Improving the Customer Experience:
- Begin by establishing centralized governance and establishing enterprise accountability for the customer experience
- Develop a voice of the customer program before designing the customer experience
- Develop a customer experience roadmap to reflect how the customer experience vision and strategy will be delivered over time
Videos and Webinars
41. 5 CX Strategy Myths You Need to Overcome Now
360Connext is a customer experience consulting agency that strives to create fewer ruined days for customers around the world with customer experience investigation, customer journey mapping, personas, workshops, keynotes, and more, like this CX strategy webinar. Presented by CEO and CCXP Jeannie Walters, the webinar seeks to help viewers create a winning strategy to get positive results. Please note, you will need to register your name and email address for access to this customer experience strategy resource.
Three key topics we like from 5 CX Strategy Myths You Need to Overcome Now:
- How to become a customer-centric organization to deliver ideal customer experiences
- Avoiding five CX strategies that are not actual strategies
- Creating a foundation for a customer experience strategy that will work for the long term
42. 10 Awesome Customer Experience Strategies You Should be Using
DealerOn provides car dealer websites, social media marketing, SEO, see, and internet lead management for auto dealerships. They also provide this webinar, which emphasizes the need for dealerships (and other businesses) to create a strong customer service culture that cannot be duplicated to differentiate your customer experience. The webinar features Bobbie Herron, automotive consultant and director of dealer marketing for ZMOT Auto, and her 10 implementable customer experience strategies that will help you boost sales.
Three key ideas we like from 10 Awesome Customer Experience Strategies You Should be Using:
- Listen to your customers via online reviews, in-store focus groups, and conversations
- Empower your people to deliver an ideal customer experience, even if it deviates from company rules
- Answer your opportunities immediately
43. Creating a Powerful Customer Experience Strategy
Hallmark Business helps businesses thrive by building and strengthening relationships with employees and customers. Hallmark Business customer engagement leader Rhonda Basler and LEAN Six Sigma Master Black Belt Roberta O’Keith help viewers understand how to create an organization driven by customer experience and how to determine which key performance indicators (KPIs) support the initiative.
Three key ideas we like from Creating a Powerful Customer Experience Strategy:
- Customer experience is influenced by social media, and companies need to transform to adapt to the impacts of it
- Engage the leadership in developing CX strategy and get buy-in across all functions
- Use KPIs to determine whether you are progressing with your CX strategy
44. Customer Experience as Competitive Advantage
PricewaterhouseCoopers is a consulting agency for businesses around the world. In this video, PwC shows that a day in the life of a busy consumer is like today, in an effort to demonstrate to companies that your brand is only as strong as the customer experience you deliver.
Three key ideas we like from Customer Experience as Competitive Advantage:
- Shift from a focus on sales to a focus on customer needs
- Satisfied customers, for whom you exceed expectations, can become your top brand ambassadors
- One poor experience often causes customers to churn
45. Customer Experience Strategy Best Practices of Personas – Jeofrey Bean
Customer experience expert, educator, author, and consultant Jeofrey Bean examines the best practice of creating personas to drive customer experience strategy in this short video clip. As Bean explains, other companies set CX expectations for your business, and you need to create personas to determine which companies are setting those expectations for your company.
Three key ideas we like from Customer Experience Strategy Best Practices of Personas – Jeofrey Bean:
- First, determine your personas and which companies influence their expectations of your company; then, determine how your CX strategy compares
- You can begin by enhancing your customer experiences to match those of the companies setting your customers’ experience expectations
- Keep in mind that consumers don’t compare experiences the way that marketers do; they expect a seamless experience in all interactions with every business they encounter
46. Customer Experience Strategy Recorded Webinar
McorpCX is a leading customer experience consulting, software, and services company led by Michael Hinshaw. Their recorded customer experience strategy webinar considers how CX “works” and examines the proven drivers of CX success. Please note, you will need to register your name and email address for access to this customer experience strategy resource.
Three key topics we like from Customer Experience Strategy Recorded Webinar:
- The characteristics of an effective CX strategy
- How to define and validate your CX strategy
- How to socialize and drive consensus for your strategy across your business
47. Driving More Value from Your Customer Experience Strategy
Michael Fauscette, chief research officer for G2 crowd, specializes in business software, social technology, and digital transformation. When Fauscette was group VP of IDC’s software business solutions, he was featured in a webinar sharing his insights on how to leverage customer communities as part of your customer experience strategy.
Three key topics we like from Driving More Value from Your Customer Experience Strategy:
- How a customer community fit into CX strategy
- How to leverage community to increase customer engagement
- How to drive business value from your CX strategy, such as acquiring more customers, reducing support costs, and bringing more innovative products to market
48. Excellence in Customer Experience Webinar
Marketforce Business Media delivers high-quality strategic conferences and B2B communications across various sectors. Their webinar feature panelists from RBS, Virgin Media, Affinity Water, and Steria and considers the necessity of implementing a robust customer experience strategy now that technology is enabling customers to interact with companies from anywhere and at any time.
Three key ideas we like from Excellence in Customer Experience Webinar:
- Customers change their expectations at all times
- Customer expectations vary depending on the channels they use
- Internal buy-in is critical to the effectiveness of your CX strategy
49. The Formula for Great Customer Experience (Light Series Part 1)
Vusi Thembekwayo is an expert in strategy, leadership, and sales who inspires revolution and is a catalyst for change in global businesses. He shares his insights and knowledge in customer experience in this nine-minute video, which ultimately shares a formula for creating and delivering your own great customer experiences.
Three key ideas we like from The Formula for Great Customer Experience (Light Series Part 1):
- Deliver personalized, meaningful experiences to customers that also offer what they want when they need it
- Be trustworthy and reliable by keeping the brand promise
- Listen and understand before taking action
50. How to Create a Customer Experience Strategy
Customer experience expert and speaker, Ingrid Lindberg knows how to design an effective customer experience strategy. She shares her knowledge in this short video clip, which includes the elements that must first be in place before you can create your strategy.
Three key ideas we like from How to Create a Customer Experience Strategy:
- Companies often need to redefine their purpose to lay a better foundation for their CX strategy
- Be prepared to readdress your corporate strategy to become customer focused
- If you don’t have CEO buy-in, your CX strategy will not succeed